RANDOM THOUGHTS (Up to episode 5 so as River Song would say...Spoilers! Well kinda. I'm not being all that specific on plot details beyond what's already in the synopsis.)
- Uee's eyes are terrifying when she's pissed off. If I hadn't been cheering while she laid the smackdown on wicked stepmother in the supermarket
than I would've been cowering a bit. Big eyes are scary, okay?
- You know? I get that this family has lived on this farm for 10 years. I get it the initial anger. But I totally do not get how pissed off they get at Ja-eun. Yeah, she's swoops in chirping about moving dates but...what were you expecting? Instead of shrieking at the poor, penniless, FAMILYLESS college student, why don't you...I don't know bargin? She didn't actually demand that y'all leave right away.
- I am a Ja-eun fangirl to the max. She's a bit spoiled at this point and I think she needs to think a wee bit before she says stuff. But I loves her.
- Joo Won is attractive but currently spends most of his time looking pissed off. His chemistry with Uee is amazing like whoa. I look forward their eventual OTPdom with much happiness. They haven't had much interaction yet but I've seen the gifs and posts so I'm wagging my tail in anticipation. =D
- As someone who graduated with a degree in journalism, Reporter Bro's (Tae-bum?) ethics are pretty sleazy and--oh yeah--totally against the code of ethics that most publications supposedly abide by. Okay, maybe the American journalism standards of ethics but still...it boils my blood a bit. (Is it not illegal to go through investigation notes and use that as a source for an article? Or at least something that can be sued for?) Though he does amuse me a bit when he's not at work. He's hilarious with his brothers.
- (Though it has to be said--Ryu Soo-young? HOT. REALLY REALLY HOT.)
- Is it weird that I find Big Bro's kind of pervy attention towards Ja-eun kinda hilarious? I cackle every time. (Plus I like that actor. I've seen him in a few things).
- Does Little Bro do anything besides look angry and side with Mom? And have weird hair that vaguely looks like a comb-over? I hope he gets a storyline cause he has made me laugh when he's with his brothers.
- NEEDS MORE HWANG BROTHERS SCENES. Seriously guys, hang out. Just for me? Please?
All in all, it's not bad though I'm still kind of at the point where all the parents are being belligerently angry at Ja-eun for...I don't know...messing with their master plan of squatting on this farm. Because seriously, didja think that family was gonna forget about the property? That made me laugh a bit when Dad kept trying to avoid this. I mean, dude, come on!
On to episode 6! (I am terrible at starting family dramas, lol. Everyone is just so shrieky this early in the game.)